Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Woo to the Hoo Wednesday


We're here to say goodbye to a cherished friend: Reba, the hamster. Reba was a good hamster. She was a fine listener, always willing to put a smile on the face of my little Moo. (Even though she made it hard to sleep at night with her gnawing on the sides of the cage and running a marathon on that squeaky wheel)....she will be sadly missed. (I won't miss cleaning that cage!) Moo would put her in her little hamster ball and let her roam around....the cat loved that...said with EVIL laugh!

So...Reba, the hamster was laid to rest this morning. Well, not really, she's laying very still in her cage which is still in my daughters room because I couldn't bring myself to carry her downstairs out to to the garage.

So...I sent a text to Mr. Mom and told him to PLEASE have the hamster G.O.N.E. when I get home. I loved that little rodent and didn't mind holding her but seeing her laying there made me sick....cuz now she's just a rodent. Ugh! I know that sounds harsh but I'm just keepin' it real.

Anyway....Reba is gone...Moo was sad for a moment this morning but she's one that takes death very easy. I'm not sure why. She doesn't cry, she wants to talk about it but doesn't really get upset.

I wish I had a picture to share with you all but I don't. Just close your eyes and think "fat fuzzy teddy bear hamster"....there, can you see her?

So, my Woo to the Hoo goes to Reba for keeping Moo critter happy for almost a year! I'm going to make myself clear right now...are you listening.....WE ARE NOT GETTING ANOTHER ONE!


18 comments:

  1. Oh, so sorry about the loss. I agree. My dear hubby had to remove the aforementioned rodent in our home too after it's passing. We never got another either but we did get a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for your loss. hope your little ones are coping well with the loss. Oh and I would not have been able to prepare the critter for burial either

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH R.I.P. poor hampster. What a beautiful eulege. :) Oh, and your music literally made me jump. You would think I would be use to it by now, but it had someone whispering and scared the geebers out or me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Reba! Glad Moo is handling it well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweet Reba...May she rest in peace. Glad that Moo is OK. Cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This July will make 2 years for our 4. count them...1,2,3,4, gerbils. We will NOT be getting any more either.

    Oh, and sorry for your loss ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Keli, Love your blog-a-dots! And your woo to the hoo post. Confirms the vow I've made never to get hamster!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't blame you for not getting another one. I'm glad she seemed to take it well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moo and Reba could be the cutest names I have ever heard!!! I am sad that Reba is gone and I am sad for Moo too..Boo Hoo..Must stop rhyming...Really nice omage to Reba!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for your loss! Are you sure you won't be getting another one????
    -sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, poor Reba. Poor Moo. Glad to hear she handles death so well. Makes it easier when you have pets that have short life spans.
    Sorry to hear about Reba.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Keli! Just wanted to remind you to check out my new blog design. Also I am doing two fantastic giveaways that you must see!

    Love and Prayers,

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry about the loss, but I am glad that Moo handled it well! I've been a bad bloggy friend lately!! I'm going to do better, I promise!! You do have an award on my blog though!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sad to hear about Reba,

    ROTFLOL @ the last sentence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor Moo! Dang those things just don't make it very long do they! We are debating what to get Kori- but the trauma if something were to.......... Well, no more hamster dance. sorry.

    Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Finally catching up! Sorry to hear about your loss...losing a pet can be so heartbreaking! Glad to hear Moo is doing ok though. Hope you have a happy heart day!
    ~Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are you saying that I should take this "condolence" gift back to the pet store?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts....