Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas is over, dreaming of vampires and twittering in my sleep...

Hi y'all!!! I'm still in my jammies and have done not ONE thing today! Pitiful! I'm so behind on your blogs! I caught up on a few today but haven't made it to all of them yet. I'm trying!

I just want to say first of all that our Christmas Eve candle light service at church was beautiful and it snowed inside! I wish you all could have seen it!

Christmas day was wonderful and Merry! My kids got up at 5:00 am! Ugh! I know J set his alarm!!! He's killin me! You are 17! I'm sure he did it for Moo or she talked him into it. But we slowly got up and went downstairs for gift giving. It was great! The kids were happy with everything they received. It was over in a matter of 40 minutes and you know what I did??? I went back to bed! I would have been worth NOTHING if I didn't get a teeny bit more sleep. Moo ended up sleeping with me and she didn't get up until 10:00am.

I cooked (ok..Mr. Mom did it! But I bought it....) four lbs of bacon for my sister's big annual breakfast. We ate at 11:00 and it was FABULOUS! Thanks Sheli!! The whole family was there including Grandparents. And the best part of the whole morning??? Brian, my BIL, read to all of us the Christmas story from the Bible. It was beautiful! Thanks Brian for taking the time to do that for us!

Then we got to watch their grand kids and kids open more gifts. The smiles are the best on Christmas morning, aren't they???

We went home for a little while and than back to Dad's for dinner. We had the best ham ever, thanks Mr. Mom! Noodles, rolls, mashed taters, dressing....yummo! The kids opened their gifts from Pop and we goofed of for a while, cuz that's what we do best. Then headed home all tuckered out!

I got up yesterday, got the boxes from the attic and took down every sign of Christmas and put it all away. I know Bah Hum Bug! I'm just not a fan of seasonal decorating and it's in the way! And my house is clean.....downstairs....upstairs, not so much! I'll get to it!

I went to bed and dreamed of vampires..could it be my obsession with Edward???? I dreamed that I was up in the trees and Alice and several others were around me...not sure where Edward was...how dare he leave my side! I had long hair past my hiney and it was thick! Not sure why that popped in there and stuck in my head. Maybe because I wish for long luscious hair everyday! That's all I remember of the dream..to weird. I'm almost finished with the third book! I will finish it this weekend. I will....

I also Twittered in my dreams this week. I need a life.....

I have loads of pictures but I need to get them on Flickr and then I will post them hopefully tomorrow. I can't wait to catch up on everyone's Christmas and see pictures!

We had a wonderful time with family and friends this week and a very Merry Christmas! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas too.

Side note: Does anyone have a NuWave Infrared Cooker????

Love ya!

16 comments:

  1. So glad you had a Merry Christmas. We too were up early. It was a nice day though. Now my house is trashed too. Gotta get to cleaning, but laundry comes first. I am finally going to see Twilight on Monday with a friend. Can't wait. Love the new look, and please share how you did that with your awards...awesome. I need to do that too.
    XO,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like we spent Christmas together with all the twittering convos...but at least i havent twittered in my sleep...did you say excuse me?? lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading the third book right now too. Sounds like you had a fab Christmas...so glad! We took down the Christmas stuff today...no signs of the holidays here either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am cracking UP that you twittered in your sleep!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

    all my christmas decor is put up too! OVER IT!! while i was out getting a pedi yesterday, mr. clean cleaned the entire downstairs, mopped and everything, and swept upstairs! HE DA MAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to take everything down. I feel like my house is one cluttered mess. I love the holidays don;t get me wrong but nothing feels better then being in a clean clutter free home. LOL! Glad you had a great holiday mine was relaxing and fab darling! =>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, Sister...what are you doing dreaming about my vampire? Oooohhhhh....wait....while he left you in the tree he was with ME! Don't be hatin.

    Love that you dreamed of twittering too. What would we do without it. Really?! So glad you got me hooked.

    Love and miss you to pieces!! Ang

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I popped over from He&Me+3, because she made me. ;o)

    Cute blog...and fun.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a great day! Sounds busy & fun! Can't wait to see the pics!! You and your dreams...too funny :) Love the new background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i feel like we all had christmas together since we tweet every 4 minutes!

    glad your christmas was merry and you were not alone at 5am! but i sent mine back upstairs to bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you had a great Christmas! I can't wait to see all the pics!! Love the Happy New year background! Too cute! I so want to read the other 3 twilight books,but I only have the first! I can't find the others anywhere in this town! I'm going to have to get my mom to order them online for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you really tweet on Christmas?! Just kidding, I turned mine off for HumV.
    How funny that you are dreaming about vampires and twittering.
    Christmas tree is down at our house, but it isn't exactly put away. It's all going out to the garage today, I'm sick of it!
    Glad you all had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful Christmas you had! I'm impressed that you got up at 5! Our kids have always slept in and once we had to wake them at 10 a.m.! I'm glad they don't get up so early or I'd be a waste (or grump) the rest of the day. I'm glad you could spend a wonderful day with family. BTW, I likd the new look of your blog! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, your Christmas sounds lovely! You should get the Mom o the Year for the 5 bells...My kids know not to wake mom up till 9 cuz I am up till 4 getting everything done! LOL
    I like the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like it was a fun day. Thanks for the recap!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts....